PE & Sports Grant
Millbank Academy uses the Sports funding to:
- Improve swimming provision. This means that children in Years 3, 4 and 5 will have access to high quality swimming instruction on a more regular and frequent basis than they previously did. This should help to ensure that all children can confidently swim 25 metres by the time they finish Year 6.
- Increase the skill level of staff in the delivery of high-quality PE teaching. Staff will work alongside specialist sports coaches, and will receive training in the different sports we are teaching. We will also purchase new curriculum guidance to support teaching and learning.
- Buy exciting and stimulating resources to facilitate the teaching of PE.
- Extend after-school sports activities. The funding has allowed Future Academies to set up ‘Saturday Sport’ which is a sports club run at Pimlico Academy for Years 5 and 6 pupils. This will extend shortly to Years 3 and 4 pupils who will be invited to attend their own ‘Saturday Sport’ provision.
- Provide sports clubs in the school holidays. Organised and led by Pimlico Academy, Millbank has been able to offer sports clubs during the term breaks. Our pupils are receiving high-quality coaching in a range of different sports over a period of two days.
- Provide opportunities for children to compete. We feel it is important that children have the chance to represent their school and to take part in competitive sport against other schools. The funding has allowed a sports coach to be employed to coach pupils daily in the run-up to competitions, so that they are able to confidently participate when attending tournaments.