KS2 History Lead
Start date: September 2018
Salary: MPS + TLR2
Closing date: 16 April 2018 at 10:00am
Millbank Academy is a lively and welcoming two form entry Primary school situated in beautiful Victorian buildings in Westminster. As part of the Future Academies Trust, an ambitious family of five schools and a teacher training centre (SCITT), Millbank Academy benefits from the Trust’s innovative knowledge-led curriculum and commitment to excellence in all areas of school life.
We are looking for a History Lead confident in their subject with the vision, intellect and drive to motivate and enthuse our pupils. You will be expected to teach using a knowledge-led approach across the full ability range at Key Stage 2, and to share in our vision of developing excellence in our pupils and forging new directions in education.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about History (ideally with a degree in this subject)
- An outstanding teacher who is committed to a rigorous, knowledge-led curriculum, and able to deliver it in an innovative and exciting way
- Dedicated to making a difference to the lives of our pupils
- Highly motivated and a good team player
- Committed to the wider life of the school, and willing to engage in a weekly extra-curricular activity
We can offer you:
- Enthusiastic and happy pupils
- A supportive, cohesive and purposeful environment
- Excellent CPD in preparation for your next career step
- High quality facilities with excellent resources
- A location easily accessible by train, tube and bus
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers and NQTs.
To apply or for further information, please return a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
Millbank Academy, Erasmus St, London SW1P 4H